When conferring our service with our clients we always get asked a common question ‘how do you guarantee that our leaflets will be delivered’.
Tracking is an important part of our service; our distributors are operating with a high degree of independence which allows for flexibility and high quality of deliveries. We however keep a group of supervisors on our system checking each round of deliveries on daily basis which offers clients some peace that everything is taking place well.
Every time a distributor is delivering your leaflets you will be informed of exactly where and when they are delivering in real time. Each distributor wears a tracking device which is given from the office, at the end of the day when our distributors return their GPS trackers, we will then send you a GPS update showing the exact route the distributor took to deliver your leaflets. Once all complete we will send a completed final report of everything we have covered.
So, if you are asking how does my leaflet distribution campaign get tracked? It’s tracked in multiple different ways through each delivery.
While tracking has allowed for effective communication it does also come with its own challenges Common tracking issues:
- GPS signal- have to travel huge distances from multiple satellites to reach your mobile phone
- Weather condition- can affect the GPS tracker by the temperature/humidity
- Rural areas- can affect signal
- Battery- needs to be charged/ trackers can have charging issues results in not being switched on
- GPS Drift- deviates from the road
- Multipath signals- signal bouncing of buildings
- Mobile network- can be affected if network is down